All patterns in this document are still in development and should only be used under own responsibility.
- Guard Check: Ensure that the behavior of a smart contract and its input parameters are as expected.
- State Machine: Enable a contract to go through different stages with different corresponding functionality exposed.
- Randomness: Generate a random number of a predefined interval in the deterministic environment of a blockchain.
- Access Restriction: Restrict the access to contract functionality according to suitable criteria. Checks Effects Interactions: Reduce the attack surface for malicious contracts trying to hijack control flow after an external call.
- Secure VET Transfer: Secure transfer of VET from a contract to another address.
- Pull over Push: Shift the risk associated with transferring VET to the user.
- Emergency Stop: Add an option to disable critical contract functionality in case of an emergency.
- Proxy Delegate: Introduce the possibility to upgrade smart contracts without breaking any dependencies.
- External Storage: Keep contract storage after a smart contract upgrade.
- String Equality Comparison: Check for the equality of two provided strings in a way that minimizes average gas consumption for a large number of different inputs.
- Tight Variable Packing: Optimize gas consumption when storing or loading statically-sized variables.
- Memory Array Building: Aggregate and retrieve data from contract storage in a gas efficient way.